From our earliest days at Iowa Heartland Habitat for Humanity, faith-based organizations have put their faith into action to build hope and transform lives. Like Habitat for Humanity International, Iowa Heartland Habitat for Humanity is founded on the conviction that every man, woman and child should have a simple, decent, affordable place to live in dignity and safety.
Iowa Heartland Habitat for Humanity provides a powerful opportunity for all people to put their core beliefs about justice, loving our neighbors, equity and the environment into bricks and mortar action.
Benefits of Partnerships with Faith Organizations:
Whether through prayer, financial support or volunteer work; faith organizations are part of the backbone of our work.
• Encourage your congregation to include Iowa Heartland Habitat for Humanity in its mission budget.
•Take up special offerings for Habitat.
• Provide in-kind goods and services. (For example, a plumber in your congregation might volunteer to do the plumbing work on a Habitat house.)-Participate in the International Day of Prayer for Habitat for Humanity on the third Sunday in September.
• Donate lunch and snacks for volunteers on build sites.
• Invite an Iowa Heartland representative to come to your house of worship to share our story, to learn more about the need for affordable housing and to learn ways you can get involved.
• Build strength and unity within your congregation as you work toward the common goal of helping others.
• Organize volunteers for a home construction project that your congregation helps fund.
Building homes, communities, and hope.
A good home with an affordable mortgage can lead to better health, stronger childhood development and greater financial security.