Placeholder text to go here.
There are a few ways to prepare yourself to become a home buyer and help you qualify for Habitat’s Program:
1. You must be a resident of Black Hawk, Bremer or Butler County and have steady employment for at least 6 months prior to making an application.
2. Save three months of income verification; including check stubs, child support documentation, and Social Security benefit statements.
3. Start establishing a payment plan to reduce derogatory debts and medical collections. All judgments need to be paid in full.
4. Get help from a certified credit counselor if needed.
5. Establish positive credit by staying current on monthly bills. Try to avoid taking on new debts.
6. Apply for a home loan (mortgage) through a bank or credit union. If you are denied, you will need to submit a copy of your denial letter with your application for the Habitat homeownership program. If you qualify for a home loan, but the amount is too low to purchase a home that will meet your family's needs, keep a copy of your acceptance letter to turn in with your Habitat application.
7. Attend our home buyer education classes. Call for class schedule.
Farmers State Bank
131 Tower Park, Suite 115, Waterloo, IA
****Inquire about the programs Homes for Iowans or First Home for down payment assistance.
Veridian Credit Union
1827 Ansborough Ave, Waterloo Iowa
***Inquire about the Waterloo Housing Partnership Loan for down payment assistance.